Use the Purchase Order Releases Batch API to send a large number of Purchasing Release Create, Update, or Cancel requests to Plex for processing. Send a POST request to a batch endpoint and Plex will process the requests. Use a GET request to track the status of the batch request as it is processing.
Create a batch by submitting a POST request to one of the batch endpoints:
- POST purchasing/v1/release-batch/cancel
- POST purchasing/v1/release-batch/update
- POST purchasing/v1/release-batch/create
- Format the request to use the appropriate Resource IDs and data.
- For Create Releases, provide a unique identifier for the Release or it will be automatically generated.
- Save the Batch Request ID that is returned in the response. Use this ID to check the status of the batch process.
- Use the Batch Request ID in a GET request to purchasing/v1/release-batch/id at regular intervals to view the status of releases that have been processed and to view any failure information.
- When the batch is complete, persist any errors that the customer encountered.
At this time, the following functions of Plex are not supported by this API:
- Revision Tracking
- Email and EDI Notifications
- Multi-Entity Releases
- JIT / RAN
- Creation of Release Jobs